April 24, 2011 § 1 Comment
This kid, is just too freaking adorable! Like really though, I’m surprised he isn’t on MTV doing interviews on all the numerous talk shows with a crowd full of girls just swooning at every syllable coming out of his mouth.
But, could you really make fun of that ridiculous image of girls just drooling over his every word after you hear him saranading this lovely diddy?…
….seriously…there is no way that boys that think like this are still in existence; and if Cris Cab is the last one that has the kahones to sing about how adorably true it is that quality is far better than quantity in a short skirt and a cakeface full of makeup….well then he needs to watch out, because there are too many girls over here in California who would love to have him personally saranade them…including me!
It’s just the cutest little song ever! And if I have to fly all the way out to Miami just to see him play a show (since he really needs to step up his game and come to California…hint hint, NUDGE NUDGE)…well then it looks like Emily and I are going to have to pack up our bags because, we’ll be leaving on a jet plane, don’t know when we’ll get back again….
March 16, 2011 § Leave a comment
GOODBYE NASTY QUARTER OF GROSSNESS!!!! I am so GLAD you are finally over!!!!!! Time to celebrate and dance around a little, and then go be stupid weirdo leprochauns in Disney Land tomorrow!!!!!! ADIOS! A BUH-BYE! PEACE OUT! GOODBYE! SEE YOU NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN winter quarter 2011!!!!!
a very very happy and stoked out of her mind that this deathly quarter is finally dunzo…
February 14, 2011 § Leave a comment
#1 reason why today is my least favorite day of the entire year…it is just an annual reminder that I am a terminal member of the Lonely Heart’s Club.
Whatever, one year my outlook on this day of “love” will change; but as of now I am retaliating!
No makeup today, and this song on repeat thanking the lord that I don’t have to deal with this dreadful heartbreak “pissed off-I’m gonna key your car” feeling associated with the thing they call L-O-V-E.
The celestial Gods seem to agree with me that this “holiday” is not their favorite either, because they have made my day ten times better :)
It’s raining and gloomy, and it’s the 7th week of school. That means that I don’t have to have displays of affection constantly rubbed into my face walking to class (testing my gag reflexes) and most people have midterms, so Valentines Day this year has become what it truly is…just another Monday!
But in reality, why do we have to have just one day every year where you celebrate your love for your significant other? Shouldn’t that be done on a daily basis? Shouldn’t everyday be Valentine’s Day in a relationship? That point my friends, is exactly why I don’t like this day. I know you two love each other because I have to see it every other day of the year, you know you love each other, so why do I have to be reminded that I do not have someone sending me a valentine other than my fam? Bitter? No, I think most would agree with me on this one :)
With my midterm over, and the only really difficult thing left in my week being a lab, soldering, and the usual load of homework, life is getting better. And today I am my own Valentine :) I have chocolate, amazing friends, fantastical family, and you know what….I am alive and healthy; that is what I am celebrating!
I <3 ME! (in the most non self centered way possible)
So if you have a loved one, try not to get all mushy and gross today; because in reality, you should be treating them like you do this one day of the year, everyday. And if you are a fellow single member of the Lonely Hearts Club…retaliate! Don’t wear makeup, eat chocolate, buy yourself flowers and don’t give a shit, because someday we will all turn to the dark side and learn to love this day of love (barf, make me gag, I can’t believe I just wrote that).
January 9, 2011 § Leave a comment
Hello all of the blog-o-sphere! I know this is a wee bit belated, and I know I promised to keep up on posting, but school has started and it is going to be a rough quarter this winter (well pretty much the rest of my college career) so I didn’t has the extra time to blog as I wanted. But better late than never to say HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Last year I decided that I was going to write up all of my resolutions, and surprisingly, I believe I actually accomplished most! So this year, I am going to do it again! here they are people, my resolutions for 2011!
- Lose just a little bit more poundage, really I just want to be toned this year, and feel healthy and all that good stuff :)
- Since last year my resolution was just to meet all of my favorite bands, this year my goal is to just keep promoting for all of them, and make more and more connections that can hopefully help me later when I am trying to find a senior project idea and delve into the world of live sound engineering and how it relates to computer engineering :) (I’m feeling like a smiley face kind of day…so humor me on this post)
- Get an internship for this summer with a company that I really like, doing something that I could possibly see myself doing when I leave the fake reality of college life and enter the real world :)
- Focus on academics even more than usual to maintain my 3.0 GPA…or even boost it up a couple of points :)
- Try to be more positive. This is going to be hard, since my somewhat neurotic, control freak personality causes me to automatically jump to the worst case scenario; but I want to try and be more happy and optimistic ALL of the time, not just when I don’t have school, or when things are running smoothly :)
- RELAX!!! You see normal people, when they are faced with stress, they relieve it through exercise, or some other activity. Me, on the otherhand, I first exercise (no relief), then I obsess over it, and the little problems snowballs into a huge mess of tears, insomnia and exhaustion. I want to find some effective way that will allow my mind to be calm and free of all thought for just 30 minutes a day! I just want 30 minutes where I can voluntarily turn off my stress and enjoy something :)
- Laugh…a lot! I just want to be able to make even more funny, hilarious, wonderful memories this year, becuase, well last year was pretty freaking epic with Pepper Karaoke and the many many MANY wonderful memories with The B Foundation. This year needs to at the very least be just as epic and fun as last year :)
- Research different companies and see what I really want to do the rest of my life. Right now I am at the general statement of “working on hardware at some engineering firm,” and I want to be able to name a specific company and be able to say why I picked that company sometime within 2011 :)
- Keep in touch with old friends, friends far away, and new friends. It is harder than you think to keep in touch with people, even if you are simultaneously in the same city! I want to try and find time, even if it is a library fun date, to see all of the old faces that I don’t see on a daily basis, and I want to make time to visit those who are far away (like Emily, my bFff of course!) :)
- I simply just want to be able to look back at 2011 and be able to smile and say “man that was a fantastically epic wonderful year of awesomeness!” <– yes verbatum what I want to be able to say! hahaha
So, for now, I will get back to the books, staying ahead of the course material and on top of assignments. Oh and ps…I GOT MY NIKON! I still have to figure out what settings are perfection for certain times, but at least I have a solid month to figure it out. Then the fun times begine with my BFff making her way to rage at a killer show with The Expendables, The Holdup, and THE B FOUNDATION!!! Followed by Pepper, I mean the only thing better would be all of these bands coming to SLO so I don’t have to roadtrip…oh wait THEY ARE!
Here’s to 2011! May all of your resolutions come true, may all of your memories be epic and may all of your adventures be documented by pictures and laughs that make your side hurt and tears roll down your face :)